Certified X-Ray Technician
Location: Newark, Delaware US
Job Number: 7828
Position Title: X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant
Pivot Occupational Health is now hiring a full time Certified X Ray Technical in Newark, Delaware! Great Schedule!
To assist in the daily front desk operations, insuring efficient service and patient/client satisfaction. To assist the physician(s) and physician extenders in the evaluation and treatment of the patient. To perform x-rays as directed by the clinician. Reports to Clinical Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as a receptionist and answers phones for the medical office; handles inquiries and problems/complaints from patients in a courteous and customer service oriented manner.
- Schedules daily patient appointments when appropriate. Arranges services with consultants, lab, radiology, etc. Checks out patients in computer system.
- Acts as a liaison, in a courteous manner, between medical office, other physicians, clients, and facilities. Makes phone calls as needed.
- Prepares visit forms and patient charts on a daily basis for office visits.
- Commutes between sites as needed.
- Registers patients efficiently and promptly in computer and gathers pertinent information for treatment and accurate billing.
- Completes insurance forms.
- Leads patients to exam rooms. Assists physician and physician extenders with examination when necessary.
- Performs PFT, EKG and Breath Alcohol when, and if necessary.
- Draws blood specimens and collects urine for testing at the clinic and client job site.
- Takes vital signs, records on medical chart; discusses abnormal findings with physician or physician extenders.
- Responsible for obtaining lab results. Reports abnormal test results to physician and physician extenders; reports negative results of drug tests to clients.
- Sends reports and forms to clients and telephones verbal reports to clients, etc., as necessary.
- Assists with filling of medications. Calls pharmacy as needed.
- Gives injections at the clinic and client job site.
- Assists OHS Coordinator with maintaining supplies and pharmaceutical inventories.
- Perform X-rays as directed by the clincian.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Education, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma, Radiologist Technologist training
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a medical assistant or certified graduate of an MA school, having completed an internship or externship
- Certification as a radiologic technologist
- Position may require proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Address1: 15 Omega Drive
Company: Pivot Occupational Health
Community / Marketing Title: Certified X-Ray Technician
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Newark, Delaware US