Athletic Trainer - Per Diem
Location: Hampstead, Maryland US
Job Number: 7754
Position Title: 1099 Athletic Trainer
Pivot Onsite Innovations has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Industrial Athletic Trainer. In this role, you will be part of a premier occupational medicine team working on-site at our client’s distribution center located in Hampstead, Maryland!
The Industrial Athletic Trainer plans, coordinates, and supervises all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees. Working under the direction of the Onsite Innovations Medical Director, the Industrial Athletic Trainer carries out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and work-site health promotion and marketing activities. This position is on a per diem basis.
- Performs wellness screening and coaching
- Performs data analysis to measure direct and indirect costs of musculoskeletal disorders
- Provides first-aid treatment and case management for musculoskeletal complaints which includes the use of ice, heat and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of non-rigid bracing
- Provides orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests
- Implements treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary
- Performs comprehensive ergonomic job analyses, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis, and body mechanics analysis
- Uses innovative, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomics interventions
- Performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner; Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense reports, and outcomes tools.
- Creates an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicates regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities
- Attends meetings as requested
- Authors articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as requested
- The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation services but participates in education and injury prevention
- Performs as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of one year of athletic training experience
- Occupational health experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Board Certified Athletic training certification
- State licensure certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- OSHA10 certification is a plus
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
- Position may require proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Address1: 3514 Basler Rd
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations - 1099
Community / Marketing Title: Athletic Trainer - Per Diem
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hampstead, Maryland US