Industrial Athletic Trainer
Location: Warden, Washington US
Job Number: 7603
Position Title: Athletic Trainer
Pivot Onsite Innovations has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Industrial Athletic Trainer. In this role, you will be part of a premier occupational medicine team working on-site at our client’s food manufacturing locations in the Warden, WA. This is a roving position where you will provide coverage at multiple, nearby sites and make your impact on employee health, wellness and safety.
Now offering relocation and sign-on bonus!
The Industrial Athletic Trainer will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Pivot Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, ergonomic risk assessments and corrective action planning, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
- Perform wellness screening and coaching
- Provide first-aid treatment and case management for musculoskeletal complaints which will include the use of ice, heat and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of non-rigid bracing
- Provide orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests
- Coordinate and implement treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary
- Develop and implement site-specific wellness initiatives and programs
- Perform comprehensive ergonomic job risk analyses, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis, and body mechanics analysis
- Use innovative, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomics interventions
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner; Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense reports, and outcomes tools.
- Perform data analysis to measure cost avoidance of prevention and early intervention actions
- Provide monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization, cost-savings, and cost-avoidance
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested
- Author articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as needed
- The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation services but will participate in education and injury prevention
- Perform as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries.
- Minimum of 2 years of athletic training experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Board Certified Athletic training certification
- State licensure certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker’s compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
- Previous ergonomic and/or occupational health experience is a plus
- CEAS and/or OSHA10 certification a plus
- To comply with state regulations, this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Religious or medical exemptions may apply
Address1: 1203 Basin Dr
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Athletic Trainer
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Warden, Washington US